Garden Updates


After coming back from a trip to NYC, I was greeting by a bell pepper growing on my front porch! Even though it was very exciting to come home to a bell pepper growing after a successful self pollination.... it has been a couple weeks and it hasn't grown any bigger. 

bell, pepper, plant



bell, pepper, plant

My daikon radish has been growing pretty successfully for a while. I decided to pull them out this past weekend to pickle them. I felt pretty proud of myself for growing this one. All of these plants I have been planting from seed and so it is pretty satisfying seeing them grow. 

daikon, plant, radish

daikon, radish, plant

 Look at my beautiful babies!!

daikon, daikons

My boyfriend and I decided to pickle a combo of carrots, daikon and jalapenos in a mix of rice vinegar, sugar, and water. We decided to taste the daikon before we pickle it... and to my disappointment they very bitter. There is a trick to removing the bitterness from a daikon that I just learned about; it involves washing the daikon in salt water 2-3 times and then washing it off with water.

pickles, jalapenos, pickle, daikon, carrot

Hopefully the radishes won't be too bitter when pickled!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Inspirations

DIY: No-sew Leather Clutch

Imaginary Shopping.