Foccacia Bread

foccacia, bread, foccacia bread

I have been on a bread baking binge lately; first, it started with no-knead bread baked in my dutch oven and has expanded to making Sourdough Bread, Milk Bread, Pan de Sal and my latest, is Foccacia Bread.  We've seen a lot of people make foccacia lately and I decided to join that train. I decided to go with this Serious Eats recipe. I watched Samin Nosrat make foccacia with Brad from Bon Apetit and for some reason, they kept on messing up...and I figured, if she's watching/overseeing and they are still messing up... what chance do I have with that recipe?!? Lol. And because the bread was made on a sheet pan, it was really thin and I like thick bread. So when I saw that this Serious Eats recipe was made in a cast iron.. I knew this would be the recipe for me. (Especially, since their cast iron Pizza recipe is to die for). I followed the recipe almost exactly except for the fact that I sprinkled rosemary on top. I also decided to use Napastak's Sweet Basil Olive Oil we got from Napa last year.

foccacia dough
Foccacia Dough sprinkled with rosemary, maldon salt, and garlic powder

foccacia bread in the oven
Foccacia Bread baked half way through

Inside of foccacia bread
Inside of the Foccacia Bread

This bread was delicious! I ate half all by myself. It was soft and flavorful. I would definitely make this again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: No-sew Leather Clutch

DIY: Peter Pan Embellished Detachable Collar

Imaginary Shopping.