Red Velvet Cupcakes

I made Red Velvet Cupcakes out of the box this weekend. But I attempted to make them pretty looking. For the frosting, I used 1 stick of 1/3 Reduced Fat Cream Cheese, Cinnamon, vanilla, 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, 1/2 C of powdered sugar and a little lemon. For the topping, I used toasted cinnamon, honey, sugar pecans (that I made myself!), dark chocolate shavings from Trader Joes, and strawberries. They turned out pretty good and I was impressed with the way it tasted and looked. I liked that the frosting was not too sweet or heavy... and I think next time I will just go with the pecan topping instead of chocolate shavings because the pecans were super yummy. Hopefully, I will be able to experiment with more baked goods as I wait for my working visa.



Comments

  1. This looks amazing ! Check out my blog : http://nothinlasts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: No-sew Leather Clutch

DIY: Peter Pan Embellished Detachable Collar

Imaginary Shopping.