Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Crazy DIY Ideas and What They End Up Really Looking Like....

So as you know, as of lately I have been very inspired to go bead crazy on some clothing items I own. So I chose a dress.. this one in particular:


It is a great dress in person, the bottom is two-tiered and flows beautifully. But when you look at in pictures, it looks super boring... borderline depressing. So I decided this is the dress that will be subjected to my awesome ideas.  Then I came up with designs to get an idea of what type of beads I was looking for and how much I would need. So here are those pictures:


I thought to myself, not amazing... but enough for me to decide what beads I will be getting and how much. So then I went off to Joann Fabrics (did you know they take Michael's coupons?!? amazing!!). Then I gathered all my fabulous tools:





Tools Included:  Black thread, sewing needle, beads

After all my tools were gathered, it was time to bead away. So I was a little confused where I should start since I didn't settle on a design, so I decided to work on the border of the neck.




So after hours of beading...my conclusion: I was I-N-S-A-N-E to even sketch the above designs. It took me three hours to accomplish the neckline beadwork above... with the rate I was going it would take me a couple months to accomplish my crazy designs. So I decided after finishing the border on top I would bead the bottom two tiers... one layer. Final Decision. Forget going Jenny Packham crazy. I will leave that to the experts.

So here is the final results of my beadwork extravaganza: 




Ok, so it definitely is no Jenny Packham. But I love it.. the sparkles don't take away from the simplicity and  flowiness of the dress. And the little extra sparkle makes it appear not so boring in pictures!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That looks so great! I'm not sure I could sit still long enough to bead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a creative idea! I would love to try it. xx

    www.queenoffunkydiy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. o wow! that was a gr8 transformation! good job!!!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! Before I even started.. my goal was to bead two dresses, but I think I am going to take a break from beading clothes. Seriously, I have great admiration for people who bead clothing for a living!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What you did is awesome...that's creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely transformation :) Ive been wanting to embellish boring garments of mine for a while.. You've definately inspired me ;)

    supernettan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete