DIY: MARNI Necklace

I've been wanting to make this MARNI Necklace for a while.


The only way I could think of making this for as little money as possible was using polymer clay. So I went to JoAnn Fabric's and picked up all of my supplies (Thanks for the giftcard NT!).

Things You'll Need: 
polymer clay, ribbon, jewelry wire, scissors, jewelry wire pliers/cutters, glue, an oven

Polymer Clay, Jewelry, Necklace


I don't have all the steps for this DIY (picture-wise) because I ran into some difficulties, but here it goes.

Step 1: Shape the polymer clay into pieces similar to the MARNI necklace. 


Step 2. You'll need to take your jewelry wire and make a shape similar to this  (-O)  and stick the pointy end into the polymer clay. For the yellow clay piece, it will have 2 (-O)  at each end. For the pink/magenta clay piece, it will have 1 (-O) on the top piece and 2 (-O) at the bottom end. For the circular clay pieces, I made a hole that goes through the whole piece so I can thread wire in there after it is baked in the oven (basically, it will look exactly like a bead in the end. [If this sounds too complicated, I can add more pics/you can always buy polymer clay glue and throw the jewelry wire attachment idea out the window]

Polymer, Clay, Necklace, DIY

Step 3. You need to bake your pieces in the oven... (I burned the first set because apparently my toaster oven is all powerful ). Then take the circle clay pieces and thread a jewelry wire through them. You are going to need to link the ends of the bead piece to the magenta bottom and yellow end.

Polymer, Clay, Necklace, DIY, Jewelry, Marni

Step 4: The pieces need to be linked together as so.


Step 5: You should have two pieces of ribbon and  loop them through the top of each magenta piece. Then glue the ribbon to secure it and use a small binder clip to make sure it keeps it contact while it dries.

 
And then you should have a fabulous MARNI-like necklace of your own. Is it exactly the same? Nope.. not really, but I spent less than $10 on this!

DIY, MARNI, Necklace, Polymer, Clay, Polymer Clay

Comments

  1. goodness this is so impressive!! What a fun necklace!! You did a great job...

    run-style-run.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This is such a beautiful DIY! How creative!
    www.indulgenceissimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing necklace. Great DIY. You nailed it.

    Patience
    Invitation to participate in Giveaway to win a J-Crew Bracelet and Zara Clutch worth $260:
    J-Crew Bracelet and Zara Clutch Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh that looks so good !!!

    I really want to do a DIY post (I'm new to blogging) but I haven't decided what to do yet.
    This looks amazing though :)

    roses-and-silk.blogspot.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smokes talented lady! That looks incredible :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thinl it turned out evenb better than original! Love your DIY posts! :)

    Great blog!
    You have a new follower :)

    Sandra
    Stop by - Where are my keys?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great statement piece! I love DIY posts, keep up the great work :)

    Madison
    http://www.belovelty.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! What a fantastic DIY -- I'm totally impressed!!
    ♡ Lexi
    FASHION: Glitter & Pearls
    WEDDINGS: Glitter Weddings

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it! So creative! www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a creative DIY... thx for the idea! So cute!!
    xx

    Be Frassy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant idea! It's fabulous! Enjoy the gorgeous day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing job.love it.

    check out my blog if you like
    http://fashionbymental.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the necklace!

    xo Ashleigh

    www.thedaileigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, how creative! The result looks great!

    http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woah! The way you made this = so creative! I might even like yours better than the real thing! :)

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt
    http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Creative, Resourceful, Inspiring!

    http://exquisitesearching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a fabulous DIY and it looks gorgeous too! Awesome job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool. Love this!

    Your newest follower,
    Monica

    www.monicakwok.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow you are so talented! that necklace looks amazing!

    xxx

    INSIDE IN INSIDE OUT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great DIY! Amazing necklace it is!

    ps: i love your blog. i followed you via google connect

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cool! Great post. I found your blog while on cupcakes and cashmere! Now following so I'll be back... :)

    -Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic idea Allison! And very well executed. I'm creating with polymer clay too, would love for you to follow my blog and check it out <3

    Vanessa x

    www.what-vanessa-does.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: No-sew Leather Clutch

DIY: Peter Pan Embellished Detachable Collar

DIY Idea: Black Keith Haring Cuff Bracelet