DIY: Notebook

I really enjoy writing in notebooks, which document a range of things- from my to-do lists to enjoyable quotes from members of my family that I can look back on later and laugh. I currently use two notebooks and I realize that it becomes very difficult for me to keep it organized since I write everything in there. I decided that I should probably designate notebooks for certain things and so I came up with this idea of making my own notebooks since I can design them to look whatever way I want them and not pay any money for them. Here is my final result:

DIY, Notebook, Chevron







Things You'll Need: a legal notepad, a label, a sharpie, staples, and ribbon

The size of my notebook is 4.25"x5.5". All you need to do is take the cardboard from the back of the legal notepad and cut it in half (horizontally) and fold it (vertically). Then you create a design as so:


After I was done, I stuck this cool looking label on it so I can write out what this specific notebook is for:


Then I took the lined paper from the notepad and cut them in half (horizontally) and folded it (vertically)-these are the sheets that will go inside... I also added a white sheet of paper so I could do this:


     Then I cut a piece of ribbon to be the pagemarker and make a sandwich to compile everything together that will consist of the ribbon in between the cardboard and lined paper.  Finally, staple everything together on the folded side and you should have a cool, new notebook!

Comments

  1. Love this project! I will try it for sure!

    Kisses

    Silvia
    http://bornineightytwo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute DIY notebook! Artworks really do make a difference in creating something new.:)

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    ♥ SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    ♥ BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea. I always have notebooks lying around for work and it would be great to have little labels on the front to know which is which.

    xx

    http://www.carlyandhe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool and creative! Love it. We are having a giveaway on our blog! Check it out and enter! http://bit.ly/H6zWJ4

    xx Julie xx
    www.celebrityowned.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so great!! I really love your penmanship too :)

    - aimee
    SwellMayde

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute notebook. Great for taking notes at work or in class.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a fun DIY! i love chevron prints too!

    www.beckspick.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute notebook! And I like your fork rings in the below post! I really like your blog, it would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too :) :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg, this is beyond cute. fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, Lauren Conrad has picked me as one of her 3 favorite bloggers. It would mean the world if you could take a second to vote. Thanks, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this idea!!! such a cute notebook. I can't remember the last time I kept a notebook for myself. I should start it back up! thanks for the inspiration :) come check out my blog too and we can follow each other!

    Club Monaco Bracelet Giveaway
    ChicPear Fashion Blog: www.chicpear.com
    ChicPear Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing amazing amazing! I need a blog-plan notebook asap and this is a perfect DIY!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute! The graphic detail really adds a lot :B

    supernovachick.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: No-sew Leather Clutch

DIY: Peter Pan Embellished Detachable Collar

DIY Idea: Black Keith Haring Cuff Bracelet