DIY Recipe: How to Make French Toast

Decided to make some French Toast this weekend, since I had some left over french bread.

          
french, toast, recipe, french, toast

FRENCH TOAST

SERVINGS: ~12

INGREDIENTS:

-bread

For liquid mixture:
-2 Eggs
-1 TB brown sugar
-1 tsp vanilla bourbon
-1/4 tsp cinnamon
-1/4 tsp of nutmeg
-1/2 cup of milk (I used 1/4 C unsweetened almond milk and 1/4 C coconut creamer) 
- 1 TB of orange juice

-butter

Possible toppings:
-powdered sugar
-some fruit (strawberries, blueberries, bananas)
-maple syrup
-candied walnuts

Instructions:
-Slice bread.
-Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, milk, and orange juice in a bowl together.
-Whisk away!
-Dip both sides of bread in liquid mixture.
-Heat up a pan on medium heat.
-Put a little butter on the pan. 
-Cook the bread on both sides til it gets a brownish color.
-Top with powdered sugar, some fruits, maple syrup, and/or candied walnuts.

Candied Walnuts Recipe (which I totally just made up): Use 1/2 a lb of walnuts and spread them over a skillet on medium heat until you can smell them roasting. Then drizzle some honey on it and mix. Add about 1 tsp of cinnamon. Then keep adding about 1 TB at a time of brown sugar and 1 TB of granulated sugar and mix until you think it is sweet enough (this is where you taste it a lot). Turn off the heat and it will harden slightly. I always like adding a little at a time because I don't like things to be overly sweet and it is a good way to control the amount of sugar that goes into your food. It is definitely experimental and something I like topping on red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. 

On a side note, ever since I started this blog again.. I made a ton of new goals for myself; one of them was uploading quality photos. I didn't realized how difficult that goal would be to accomplish. Other bloggers make it seem so easy! You look up "food photography setup" on google images... and you realize that all those great photos of food are not taken the way you imagine them to be; they are very much so a contrived photo. Not only is natural light key, but having other handy gadgets like reflectors are important.. So I haven't gotten around to mastering that. So excuse me, for my not so great photography skills. I'll get there... hopefully, sooner than later. These photos were taken with natural light.. and they are still not that awesome.

And, on another note all together... who is excited for Community Season 6? Cause I AM! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: No-sew Leather Clutch

DIY: Peter Pan Embellished Detachable Collar

Imaginary Shopping.