How to Make Lemongrass Tea

As my friend and I headed to our cars after an evening of Bar Method, she pulls out a big bag of lemongrass from her trunk to give to me. Even though I knew my mom would stuff lemongrass in chicken when she cooked it.. I had no other idea what I could do with lemongrass.

Then I remembered my vacation in Thailand last November and our trek through the humidity to find our hotel.... we were greeted by hotel staff with a glass of cold lemongrass tea. It was so refreshing. So I began to do research about making this tea and it seemed fairly easy. 

L E M O N G R A S S    T E A
Servings: 2-3 Time: 6-10 minutes

8 cups of water
4-6 stalks of lemongrass 
1 tsp of agave per cup (really it is to your preference of sweetness)
Small piece of peeled ginger (optional)
1 Cinnamon stick (optional)

1. Rinse the lemon grass
2. Either cut or fold/tie them enough that they are able to fit and stay in the pot that you are boiling them in...something like this:

lemongrass, boiling, tea, thailand, drink, how to

3. Fill a pot with 8 cups of water and add the lemongrass, ginger, and cinnamon stick
4. Turn on the heat
5. Once it starts boiling, wait 5 minutes (lemongrass aromas will fill your house) and turn off the heat.
6. Pick out the lemongrass, cinnamon stick and ginger
7. Pour into a cup and add agave (you can add ice or put it in the fridge if you want to have it cold).

lemongrass, tea, drink, refreshing, thailand

Sit back and enjoy that lemongrass tea!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY: No-sew Leather Clutch

DIY: Peter Pan Embellished Detachable Collar

DIY Idea: Black Keith Haring Cuff Bracelet