So this is me putting on a coat of the black outdoor paint. So far so good... except to my dismay.. it is really shiny. I think it is because of the glaze from the pot.
Then I got this great idea that I would layer it with chalk paint.. cause I wanted a matte look.... and that's when the paint started peeling off. I started panicking... rubbed whatever I could off the pot and repainted it with the ArtMind's paint and decorated it how I wanted to. And it looks great in the picture, but to be honest it looks like a not so great job upclose... which makes me sad. So the lessons learned is... do your research when you want to do a DIY project and never assume. I am glad that people don't inspect plant pots upclose or they would see all its flaws!
Also, it makes me wonder how many DIY bloggers post about their failures and shortcomings on certain projects because usually you'll see these beautiful DIY projects and how it seemed so effortless. So based on this reflection, I am going to talk more about the pitfalls and failures from my own DIY projects so others can learn from my mistakes!